Can I take Onglyza while I am pregnant?

Onglyza (saxagliptin) is classified as a Pregnancy Category B medication by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, which means that it is probably safe to take during pregnancy. This classification means it did not harm a fetus when tested in pregnant animals but has not been tested in pregnant humans. If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant while taking Onglyza, discuss your treatment with your doctor.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
Do alpha-glucosidase inhibitors have any drug interactions?
Drugs that may cause hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia need to be administered with caution to prevent l...
Does liraglutide interact with any other medications?
Liraglutide can affect the absorption of some oral medications; it is important that the healthcare ...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...