Can I drink alcohol while taking Symlin?

You should not drink alcohol while taking Symlin without first talking it over with your doctor. One reason why you shouldn’t drink alcohol is that Symlin may increase your risk of getting severe low blood sugar caused by insulin and drinking alcohol may increase your risk of having low blood sugar. Another reason not to drink alcohol when taking Symlin is that this medicine can make you feel dizzy and alcohol can make this side effect worse. Talk with your doctor about the safe use of alcoholic beverages while you are taking Symlin.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What should I know before taking pramlintide?
If you have diabetic gastropathy, you should not take pramlintide. Pramlintide increases the risk o...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
How much insulin do I need per gram of carbohydrate?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
The insulin to carbohydrate (I:C) equation takes into account the amount of 1 unit of rapid active i...
How do the diabetes drugs Byetta and Victoza affect weight?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
Since it was introduced in 2006, Byetta has been prescribed widely. Victoza was introduced in 2010 a...