What should I avoid while taking Metaglip?

When taking Metaglip (glipizide/metformin), you should avoid:

- drinking excessive amounts of alcohol, as alcohol can increase the risk of side effects and may cause a rare but extremely serious condition called lactic acidosis
- becoming dehydrated, as lack of fluid can also increase your risk of side effects
- use during breastfeeding (While it has not been proven that Metaglip passes into breast milk, be sure to discuss the risks versus benefits of using this drug while nursing.)
Be sure to talk to your doctor if you are thinking of becoming pregnant or you become pregnant while taking Metaglip.                       You should not skip meals as this will increase your chances of experiencing low blood sugar (hypoglycemia).

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
What should I know before taking liraglutide?
Liraglutide is not recommended for children and teens under age 18. If you have had thyroid cancer ...
How does Novolog Flexpen treat diabetes?
In type 1 diabetes, the pancreas fails to produce insulin. Your body needs insulin to convert blood ...
What should I know before taking a sulfonylurea?
If you take a sulfonylurea, you should avoid alcohol. If you have renal insufficiency, you should n...