Is Avandaryl safe for pregnant or breast-feeding women?

Avandaryl is not safe for pregnant women. It is considered a Category C drug throughout all three trimesters. This means that animal studies have shown that the drug may cause birth defects or that there has not yet been enough research to confirm the drug's effects on the developing fetus. There is not enough data to confirm whether Avandaryl is safe for women to take while breast-feeding. You should discuss with your doctor the risks to a nursing infant. It is important to keep your diabetes under control at all times, so be sure to speak with your doctor before discontinuing your Avandaryl treatment.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Do alpha-glucosidase inhibitors have any drug interactions?
Drugs that may cause hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia need to be administered with caution to prevent l...
How does Novolog Flexpen treat diabetes?
In type 1 diabetes, the pancreas fails to produce insulin. Your body needs insulin to convert blood ...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
When should I call my doctor about problems taking Novolin?
Yes. Norelgestromin-ethinyl estradiol transdermal (Ortho Evra) is a birth control patch applied ...