Are there any risks in taking Actoplus Met?

Actoplus Met poses a risk of new congestive heart problems or aggravated heart problems in those who have preexisting issues. The drug also poses a risk of liver problems. Also, the drug metformin - the Met in Actoplus Met - creates a risk for a rare disorder called lactic acidosis. This condition is generally seen in people with kidney issues and poses a serious risk of death if not promptly treated. Finally, because the drug lowers your blood sugar, you may run the risk of letting your blood sugar get too low, particularly if you skip meals, exercise extensively, or drink alcohol. Become familiar with the symptoms of low blood sugar and always have food or a glycogen injection on hand in case this occurs.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are the side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors may include digestive tract problems, such as stomach p...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
What is exenatide for diabetes?
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...
How do dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors treat diabetes?
A new class of medications called dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors help improve A1C without...