Are there any risks in taking Lantus?

Some observational studies suggested that Lantus may increase the risk of cancer, but more recent research has found no greater risk. This does not mean that you should avoid or stop taking Lantus. The medical community currently recommends taking Lantus, because the effects of hyperglycemia when not taking Lantus, including coma and death, are much more definite and immediate. There may also be a risk to the developing baby during pregnancy or nursing, so talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
How do Januvia and Onglyza help treat diabetes?
Onglyza (saxagliptin) is approved for use by people with type 2 diabetes which is also being control...
What should I know before taking pramlintide?
If you have diabetic gastropathy, you should not take pramlintide. Pramlintide increases the risk o...