Are there any risks in taking Humalog?

Marjorie Nolan Cohn

Low blood sugar is the most common side effect. There are many causes of low blood sugar, including taking too much Humalog. It is important to treat it quickly. You can treat mild to moderate low blood sugar by drinking or eating a quick source of sugar (such as juice or candy) right away. If severe, low blood sugar can cause unconsciousness, seizures, and death. Symptoms may be different for each person.

Severe life-threatening allergic reactions can happen. Get medical help if you develop a rash, have trouble breathing, rapid heartbeat, or sweating. Local or injection reactions can also happen. Don’t inject Humalog into an area that is red, swollen, or itchy. Other reactions include swelling of the hands and feet, low potassium, and weight gain.

Side effects are individual and you should talk to your doctor about any of these that you may be experiencing.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

what is pramlintide ?
Pramlintide (Symlin) is a synthetic form of the hormone amylin. Pramlintide lowers blood sugar by sl...
what are alpha-glucosidase inhibitors ?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Acarbose (Precose) and meglitol (Glyset) are alpha-glucosidase inhibitors. These drugs help the body...
how can i predict my body use of injected insulin ?
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...
will i need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes ?
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...