Are there any risks in taking Byetta?

One of the main risks of taking Byetta is kidney dysfunction. Anyone taking Byetta should see their doctor for regular visits to make sure the drug is not having this type of effect. People with pre-existing kidney problems probably should not start taking the drug to being with. As with any self-administered treatment for diabetes, the risk of creating unwanted effects through large or rapid changes in blood sugar is always present.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are the side effects of sulfonylurea drugs for treating diabetes?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Side effects may include nausea, vomiting, abdominal discomfort, heartburn, weight gain, and low blo...
What are sulfonylurea drugs?
Sulfonylureas lower blood glucose by stimulating beta cells in the pancreas to release insulin. Sulf...
How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...
How do Januvia and Onglyza help treat diabetes?
Onglyza (saxagliptin) is approved for use by people with type 2 diabetes which is also being control...