Are there any risks in taking Byetta?

One of the main risks of taking Byetta is kidney dysfunction. Anyone taking Byetta should see their doctor for regular visits to make sure the drug is not having this type of effect. People with pre-existing kidney problems probably should not start taking the drug to being with. As with any self-administered treatment for diabetes, the risk of creating unwanted effects through large or rapid changes in blood sugar is always present.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
Avandia improves how insulin is used in your body. It also decreases the amount of sugar released by...
Does liraglutide interact with any other medications?
Liraglutide can affect the absorption of some oral medications; it is important that the healthcare ...
What should I know before taking pramlintide?
If you have diabetic gastropathy, you should not take pramlintide. Pramlintide increases the risk o...
What should I know before taking alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or may be pregnant, alpha-glucosidase inhibitors m...