Are there any risks in using Novolog Flexpen?

Novolog Flexpen can cause hypoglycemia, or low blood sugar, if you do not eat within 5 to 10 minutes of use. Hypoglycemia can be life-threatening. Novolog Flexpen is considered safe for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding, but you should still talk to your doctor about using Novolog Flexpen if you plan on becoming pregnant or are breastfeeding.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...
When should I call my doctor about problems taking Novolin?
Yes. Norelgestromin-ethinyl estradiol transdermal (Ortho Evra) is a birth control patch applied ...
What is Symlin (pramlintide acetate) for diabetes?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
The only medication specifically approved by the FDA for treating those with type 1 diabetes other t...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...