Are there any risks in taking Lantus Solostar?

If you use Lantus Solostar, a disposable insulin injection pen used to treat diabetes, talk to your doctor about the possible risks. They include:

- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) if you take too much of the drug or use it with another diabetes medication

- High blood sugar (hyperglycemia) if you take too little of the drug

- Side effects that can be bothersome, including painful, itching, red, swollen, or thickened skin where you inject the drug

- Allergic reaction, in rare cases

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Does long-acting insulin cause less weight gain?
Long-acting insulin (such as Lantus and Levemir) and newer premixed insulin (such as Humulog 50/...
How does Novolog Flexpen treat diabetes?
In type 1 diabetes, the pancreas fails to produce insulin. Your body needs insulin to convert blood ...
What are thiazolidinediones?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
Thiazolidinediones (TZDs) address the body’s inability to use insulin effectively to control blood s...
How much insulin do I need per gram of carbohydrate?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
The insulin to carbohydrate (I:C) equation takes into account the amount of 1 unit of rapid active i...