Are there any risks in taking Lantus Solostar?

If you use Lantus Solostar, a disposable insulin injection pen used to treat diabetes, talk to your doctor about the possible risks. They include:

- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) if you take too much of the drug or use it with another diabetes medication

- High blood sugar (hyperglycemia) if you take too little of the drug

- Side effects that can be bothersome, including painful, itching, red, swollen, or thickened skin where you inject the drug

- Allergic reaction, in rare cases

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How do Januvia and Onglyza help treat diabetes?
Onglyza (saxagliptin) is approved for use by people with type 2 diabetes which is also being control...
When should I call my doctor about problems taking Novolin?
Yes. Norelgestromin-ethinyl estradiol transdermal (Ortho Evra) is a birth control patch applied ...
What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
Avandia improves how insulin is used in your body. It also decreases the amount of sugar released by...
Is the newer premixed insulin better for lowering blood sugar?
The newer premixed insulins (Humalog 50/50, Humalog 75/25, Novolog 70/30) work better than the o...