Are there any risks in taking Januvia?

There are some risks in taking Januvia. The most serious risk is developing pancreatitis, which is pancreas inflammation. If you take Januvia with another medication that can bring on low blood sugar, you have a higher risk of having low blood sugar. While it is not known if Januvia causes harm to an unborn child, if you are pregnant, you should consult your doctor about the most effective way to manage your blood sugar levels during the pregnancy. Also, it is not known if this medication travels into breast milk, so if you breastfeed, discuss this with your doctor.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
Do sulfonylureas interact with any other medications?
If you are taking bosentan, you should not take glyburide and avoid tolbutamide if possible. If you...
Does liraglutide interact with any other medications?
Liraglutide can affect the absorption of some oral medications; it is important that the healthcare ...
What should I know before taking a sulfonylurea?
If you take a sulfonylurea, you should avoid alcohol. If you have renal insufficiency, you should n...