Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?

You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will probably have a plan for how to adjust your dose, but you will also need to be in close contact with your health care team.

You will be able to make small adjustments throughout the day to accommodate your meals and activities. If monitoring shows that your blood glucose levels are too high, you need to take extra insulin or reduce the amount of carbohydrate in your next meal. 

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are the side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors may include digestive tract problems, such as stomach p...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
What is exenatide for diabetes?
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...