What should I know about Avandaryl before taking it?

You should not take Avandamet if you have severe kidney disease or heart failure. You should also avoid this drug if you have diabetic ketoacidosis. Other medical conditions may not prevent you from taking Avandamet, but you should discuss them thoroughly with your doctor. If you are having diagnostic imaging done that requires the use of injectable dye, you'll need to stop taking Avandamet temporarily to prevent an interaction. Remember, Avandamet is not for the treatment of type 1 diabetes and should not be used by type 1 diabetics. You should not take Avandaryl if you are allergic to any of its ingredients, or if you've had an allergic reaction to other medications called sulfonamide derivatives. Tell your doctor about any drug allergies or medication reactions you've had in the past. 

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are sulfonylurea drugs for treating diabetes?
Sulfonylurea drugs are used to treat type 2 diabetes. Side effects may include nausea, vomiting, abd...
How do meglitinide drugs help treat diabetes?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
The meglitinides Prandin and Starlix prompt the body to make more insulin. They are fast-acting and ...
How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...
What are the side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors may include digestive tract problems, such as stomach p...