Why should I see my doctor if I'm taking desvenlafaxine?

If you're taking the antidepressant desvenlafaxine (Pristiq), you should schedule regular appointments with your doctor, who may want to monitor your blood pressure, as well as the levels of cholesterol and fat in your blood. Your doctor may also want to keep a close eye on your depression symptoms and make sure you aren't having any side effects from desvenlafaxine.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
Can teens take antidepressants for bipolar disorder?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
The use of antidepressants in the treatment of bipolar disorder is fraught with problems. There is g...
What are the side effects of SSNRIs in people with multiple sclerosis (MS)?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SSNRIs) include Effexor (venlafaxine) an...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?