Why should I see my doctor if I'm taking desvenlafaxine?

If you're taking the antidepressant desvenlafaxine (Pristiq), you should schedule regular appointments with your doctor, who may want to monitor your blood pressure, as well as the levels of cholesterol and fat in your blood. Your doctor may also want to keep a close eye on your depression symptoms and make sure you aren't having any side effects from desvenlafaxine.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
How can I help prevent weight gain from antidepressant medication?
Brooke RandolphBrooke Randolph
If you find yourself troubled by weight gain as a side effect of antidepressant medication, ther...
What is a dual-action antidepressant?
A dual-action antidepressant, such as Effexor, is a depression medication that also treats physi...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?