Who should not take phenelzine?

You should not take phenelzine if you are allergic to it or if you are allergic to any of the other ingredients in the phenelzine pill. If you have a condition called congestive heart failure, you should not take phenelzine. You should not take phenelzine if you have kidney disease. A history of liver disease or abnormal liver tests are also reasons to avoid phenelzine.

If you have been told you have a type of tumor called a pheochromocytoma, you should not take phenelzine. You should use caution if you have high blood pressure and are taking phenelzine. Finally, phenelzine can interact in dangerous ways with many medications, so your doctor may choose a drug other than phenelzine to treat your symptoms of depression.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Should I Take Antidepressants If I Smoke?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?