Who should not take fluoxetine HCL?

You should not take fluoxetine HCL if you are allergic to fluoxetine or to any of its other ingredients. You should not take fluoxetine if you take MAO inhibitors or thioridazine. You should not take fluoxetine if you have stopped taking an MAO inhibitor within the past two weeks. Talk to your doctor before taking fluoxetine HCL if you are receiving electroshock therapy, if you have recently had a heart attack, or if you have ever had liver disease, heart disease, diabetes, or seizures.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
Should I keep taking antidepressants after I start feeling better?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
If you’re taking antidepressant medications, continue to do so even when you feel that the depre...
How can antidepressants help a smoker quit?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
When used for smoking, these medications are not expected to change your emotions. While you are ...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?