Who should not take fluvoxamine extended-release?

Children should not take fluvoxamine extended-release capsules. People who take any of the following medications should not take fluvoxamine extended-release capsules at the same time: alosetron, monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), pimozide, thioridazine or tizanidine. People who are allergic to any of the ingredients in fluvoxamine extended-release capsules should not take them.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
Should I keep taking antidepressants after I start feeling better?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
If you’re taking antidepressant medications, continue to do so even when you feel that the depre...
What should I know before taking serotonin reuptake inhibitors?
If you take an SRI, you should avoid alcohol. It is not known if all SRIs are safe or effective for...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?