When can I stop taking Remeron?

You can stop taking the antidepressant Remeron (mirtazapine) when you and your doctor decide it is safe and appropriate for you to do so. Some people stop taking antidepressants after an acute attack of depression has lifted, while others stay on these medications indefinitely. When you are ready to stop this medicine, be sure to carefully follow your doctor's instructions for tapering off. Abruptly quitting Remeron can cause withdrawal symptoms, such as headache, confusion, shaking and agitation.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
Should I take antidepressants if I smoke?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
Smokers who take antidepressants often have a lower risk of heart attacks. In this video, Dr. Ro...
Is it harmful to take antidepressants for a long time?
Right now, there is not much strong evidence that long-term antidepressant use will cause any seriou...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?