When can I stop taking Effexor?

Your doctor can help you determine when to stop taking the antidepressant Effexor (venlafaxine). It’s important to not stop suddenly, however; doing so can lead to new symptoms, especially if you take a large dose. Your doctor will likely develop a plan of gradually tapering your dose until you are no longer taking Effexor.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
How common is taking antidepressants?
Anthony CirilloAnthony Cirillo
Duke University and the University of Arizona periodically conduct a survey on friendship. In their ...
Should my child take antidepressants for their eating disorder?
Antidepressants have only been shown to be effective in treating depression associated with eating d...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?