When should I call my doctor if I am taking Viibryd?

If you're taking the antidepressant Viibryd (vilazodone), you should call your doctor if you experience any of these side effects:
  • bad dreams
  • racing thoughts
  • restlessness
  • anxiety
  • worsening of depression
  • nausea
  • vomiting
  • diarrhea
  • joint pain
  • a burning sensation in your hands or feet
  • hallucinations
  • racing heartbeat
  • seizures
  • loss of coordination

You should call your doctor immediately if you have thoughts of suicide or are behaving aggressively.

To avoid interactions, check with your doctor before starting a new medication (prescription or nonprescription), herbal remedy or supplement.

Inform your doctor if you become pregnant or want to try to conceive.

If you feel you need to stop taking Viibryd, call your doctor.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
What antidepressants are used to treat Alzheimer's disease?
John H. Growdon, MDJohn H. Growdon, MD
Here is a list of the antidepressant medications used for Alzheimer's disease and their correspo...
What conditions do antidepressants treat?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Antidepressants are Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved for treating major depression (i.e.,...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?