When should I call a doctor about problems taking nortriptyline?

Yes. If you are taking nortriptyline and begin thinking about suicide more often, call your doctor right away. If your depression seems worse, you become angry and irritable or you have panic attacks, you should call your doctor. Tell your doctor if you have trouble sleeping. Make sure your family, friends and caregivers can identify and watch for changes in your behavior that require a doctor's attention.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
What should I know about nortriptyline before taking it?
Nortriptyline may increase the risk of suicide in children and adolescents. If you have a seizure d...
What should I know before taking serotonin reuptake inhibitors?
If you take an SRI, you should avoid alcohol. It is not known if all SRIs are safe or effective for...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?