What should I do if I miss a dose of Pamelor?

If you forget to take a dose of the antidepressant Pamelor (nortriptyline), take it as soon as you realize your mistake, unless it's almost time for your next dose. In that case, skip the missed dose and take the next one at your scheduled time. Do not double up on your dose.

If you usually take just one dose a day at bedtime and you realize in the morning that you forgot it, talk to your doctor about whether you should take it then. Whenever possible, take Pamelor exactly as your doctor tells you to. Do not take more or less, or take it more or less frequently than recommended. Do not stop taking Pamelor without talking to your doctor first.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
How long does it take for antidepressants to start working?
Michael D. Banov, MDMichael D. Banov, MD
In research studies that carefully measure when positive results from antidepressant therapy are see...
Why might my antidepressant not work?
All depressions are not the same. This may explain why some antidepressants work better in some peop...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?