What should I do if I miss a dose of Pamelor?

If you forget to take a dose of the antidepressant Pamelor (nortriptyline), take it as soon as you realize your mistake, unless it's almost time for your next dose. In that case, skip the missed dose and take the next one at your scheduled time. Do not double up on your dose.

If you usually take just one dose a day at bedtime and you realize in the morning that you forgot it, talk to your doctor about whether you should take it then. Whenever possible, take Pamelor exactly as your doctor tells you to. Do not take more or less, or take it more or less frequently than recommended. Do not stop taking Pamelor without talking to your doctor first.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

How can I help prevent weight gain from antidepressant medication?
Brooke RandolphBrooke Randolph
If you find yourself troubled by weight gain as a side effect of antidepressant medication, ther...
What are disadvantages of antidepressants for bipolar disorder treatment?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
It cannot be stressed enough that the use of antidepressants in bipolar I can provoke manic episodes...
How common is taking antidepressants?
Anthony CirilloAnthony Cirillo
Duke University and the University of Arizona periodically conduct a survey on friendship. In their ...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?