What should I do if I miss a dose of Effexor?

If you miss a dose of Effexor (venlafaxine), take it as soon as you remember. If it's almost time for the next dose, however, just skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not "double up" your dose. If you're taking the extended-release version (Effexor XR), don't take more than one dose in a day.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
What should I know before taking duloxetine?
Your doctor will need to measure your blood pressure before starting treatment. If you take duloxet...
How effective is nortriptyline for quitting smoking?
Studies show nortriptyline is about as effective as bupropion or nicotine replacement therapy, but n...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?