What should I do if I miss a dose of Effexor?

If you miss a dose of Effexor (venlafaxine), take it as soon as you remember. If it's almost time for the next dose, however, just skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not "double up" your dose. If you're taking the extended-release version (Effexor XR), don't take more than one dose in a day.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
What is a dual-action antidepressant?
A dual-action antidepressant, such as Effexor, is a depression medication that also treats physi...
How is doxepin used to treat insomnia?
Doxepin is a drug usually used to treat depression. The version for treating insomnia (Silenor) is a...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?