What should I do if I miss a dose of Celexa?

If you miss a dose of the antidepressant Celexa (citalopram), take the missed dose as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your next dose at your usually scheduled time. Do not take two doses of Celexa at one time.

Do not stop taking Celexa without talking to your doctor first. Stopping the drug suddenly may cause serious side effects. Talk to your doctor for more specific instructions about taking Celexa.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
What types of antidepressants are available?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are the most commonly prescribed antidepressants bec...
What should I know about nortriptyline before taking it?
Nortriptyline may increase the risk of suicide in children and adolescents. If you have a seizure d...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?