What should I avoid while taking desipramine?

Until you know how desipramine will affect you, you should not drive or operate heavy machinery. While taking desipramine you should avoid drinking alcohol and consuming grapefruit or grapefruit juice. Avoid sunlight or tanning beds as much as possible, since your skin may be more sensitive. Also, cigarettes may decrease the chances that desipramine will work for you, so try to avoid smoking.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
How often should I take antidepressants for perimenopausal rage?
Marcy Holmes, MSN, NPMarcy Holmes, MSN, NP
There are various types and doses of antidepressants available by prescription from medical health-c...
Should I keep taking antidepressants after I start feeling better?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
If you’re taking antidepressant medications, continue to do so even when you feel that the depre...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?