What should I do if I miss a dose of Savella?

If you miss a dose of Savella (milnacipran), an antidepressant prescribed to treat fibromyalgia, think first about when you're supposed to take your next dose. If it is almost time for your next pill, skip the one you forgot and take the next dose at its scheduled time. If your next dose isn't for a while, it's fine to take the one you missed. Do not take two doses at a time.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

How long does it take for antidepressants to start working?
Michael D. Banov, MDMichael D. Banov, MD
In research studies that carefully measure when positive results from antidepressant therapy are see...
How do antidepressants work?
Tarique D. Periera, MDTarique D. Periera, MD
Antidepressants reduce and reverse depression. They are believed to increase mood-boosting neurochem...
How does nortriptyline interact with other medications or foods?
If you are taking linezolid, you should not take nortriptyline. Do not use nortriptyline if you are...
What are the risks of taking antidepressants during pregnancy?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Antidepressants are generally reserved for the treatment of serious depression during pregnancy....