What should I do if I miss a dose of paroxetine?

Paroxetine (Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva) is a selective serotonin-reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), a type of antidepressant used to treat a wide range of mental health disorders that include major depressive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic disorder, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, social anxiety disorder or social phobia. It is best if you take paroxetine consistently and correctly to get the greatest benefit.

If you miss a dose of paroxetine take it as soon as you remember it. If it is very close to the time you are expected to take the next dose, skip the missed one and continue with your regular schedule. Don't take two doses at once.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

How effective is doxepin at treating insomnia?
Sleep studies have shown that people taking doxepin wake up fewer times at night and spend less time...
Can antidepressants cause bone loss?
David Slovik, MDDavid Slovik, MD
Evidence is growing that serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), a popular class of antidepressan...
Should I take antidepressants if I smoke?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
Smokers who take antidepressants often have a lower risk of heart attacks. In this video, Dr. Ro...
What are the side effects of SSNRIs in people with multiple sclerosis (MS)?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SSNRIs) include Effexor (venlafaxine) an...