What should I do if I miss a dose of paroxetine?

Paroxetine (Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva) is a selective serotonin-reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), a type of antidepressant used to treat a wide range of mental health disorders that include major depressive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic disorder, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, social anxiety disorder or social phobia. It is best if you take paroxetine consistently and correctly to get the greatest benefit.

If you miss a dose of paroxetine take it as soon as you remember it. If it is very close to the time you are expected to take the next dose, skip the missed one and continue with your regular schedule. Don't take two doses at once.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
What are the side effects of SSNRIs in people with multiple sclerosis (MS)?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SSNRIs) include Effexor (venlafaxine) an...
Should my child take antidepressants for their eating disorder?
Antidepressants have only been shown to be effective in treating depression associated with eating d...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?