What should I do if I miss a dose of amitriptyline?

If you miss a dose of amitriptyline, take the missed dose immediately upon remembering.

If, however, you remember you missed a dose close to the time of your next scheduled dose, take only your regular dose.

Do not take twice the dose to make up for the missed dose.

To help you remember each dose, try taking your doses at the same time each day.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
How is doxepin used to treat insomnia?
Doxepin is a drug usually used to treat depression. The version for treating insomnia (Silenor) is a...
How can antidepressants help a smoker quit?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
When used for smoking, these medications are not expected to change your emotions. While you are ...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?