What should I do if I miss a dose of amitriptyline?

If you miss a dose of amitriptyline, take the missed dose immediately upon remembering.

If, however, you remember you missed a dose close to the time of your next scheduled dose, take only your regular dose.

Do not take twice the dose to make up for the missed dose.

To help you remember each dose, try taking your doses at the same time each day.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

should i take antidepressants if i smoke ?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
Smokers who take antidepressants often have a lower risk of heart attacks. In this video, Dr. Ro...
what should i know before taking serotonin reuptake inhibitors ?
If you take an SRI, you should avoid alcohol. It is not known if all SRIs are safe or effective for...
what are the side effects of amitriptyline ?
Side effects may include drowsiness, agitation, dry mouth, blurred vision, urinary problems, constip...
how is doxepin used to treat insomnia ?
Doxepin is a drug usually used to treat depression. The version for treating insomnia (Silenor) is a...