What is Luvox used for?

Luvox (fluvoxamine) is a medicine prescribed to treat obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) in adults and children ages 8 to 17. It may also be used to treat social anxiety disorder in some people.

It belongs to a category of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), which work by raising the level of the neurotransmitter serotonin in the brain. Serotonin is thought to have many functions, including regulating mood.

Luvox may be prescribed alone or in addition to cognitive behavior therapy. Talk to your doctor for more information about Luvox.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Should I Take Antidepressants If I Smoke?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?