What is Pristiq?

Pristiq is a prescription medication used to treat depression. It is a serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI), which is a class of drugs that increases the amount of the serotonin and norepinephrine in the brain. These naturally occurring substances influence a person's mood.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
What are the most commonly prescribed antidepressants?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are the most commonly prescribed antidepressants...
Should I keep taking antidepressants after I start feeling better?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
If you’re taking antidepressant medications, continue to do so even when you feel that the depre...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?