What is maprotiline?

Maprotiline is a prescription antidepressant medication. It is used to treat depression and anxiety associated with depression. Maprotiline is available in tablet form. It also can be used to treat chronic neurogenic (nerve-related) pain in some people.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
What are symptoms of withdrawal from antidepressants?
Michael D. Banov, MDMichael D. Banov, MD
Antidepressants technically do not cause withdrawal symptoms. The term withdrawal is associated with...
What medications should I avoid if I take antidepressants?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Interactions between antidepressants and other medications vary depending on the antidepressant. The...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?