What happens if I miss a dose of desipramine?

If you miss a dose of desipramine, you should try to take it as soon as possible. If it is already time to take your next dose, you should only take that dose. You should never take two doses together. Overdoses of desipramine can cause widened pupils, tiredness, irregular heartbeats, vomiting, confusion, blurred vision, hallucinations, rapid changes in body temperature, muscle stiffness, convulsions, seizure or coma.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
How safe are sedating antidepressants for people with dementia?
Sarah N. Mourra, MDSarah N. Mourra, MD
Oftentimes, doctors will use sedating antidepressants for sleep issues in people with dementia. A ve...
Why should I see my doctor regularly if I'm taking antidepressants?
Dr. Daniel G. Amen, MDDr. Daniel G. Amen, MD
If you are taking antidepressants, it's important to see your doctor every couple of weeks when firs...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?