Is there a generic version of Parnate?

There is a generic version of Parnate, called tranylcypromine. Just like Parnate, it's approved to treat depression but is also prescribed for anxiety. Parnate (as well as tranylcypromine) is usually prescribed when other kinds of medications haven't worked well.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
How is doxepin used to treat insomnia?
Doxepin is a drug usually used to treat depression. The version for treating insomnia (Silenor) is a...
Can I have a good sex life if I'm on antidepressants?
Jan L. Shifren, MDJan L. Shifren, MD
You don't need to sacrifice your sex life in order to treat depression. Some newer antidepressan...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?