What should I do if my child misses a dose of Luvox?

If your child misses a dose of Luvox (fluvoxamine), give it to her as soon as you realize the mistake. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the one she missed and give her the next dose at the usual time. Do not give her two doses at one time to make up for the missed dose.

Luvox is prescribed to children ages 8 to 17 who have obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). It works by adjusting the level of the chemical serotonin in the brain. Luvox works best when taken according to directions. Your child should not take more or less Luvox or take it more or less frequently than recommended by the doctor.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
What are the side effects of amitriptyline?
Side effects may include drowsiness, agitation, dry mouth, blurred vision, urinary problems, constip...
How can antidepressants help a smoker quit?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
When used for smoking, these medications are not expected to change your emotions. While you are ...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?