What should I do if my child misses a dose of Celexa?

Talk to your child's doctor about what to do if your child misses a dose of Celexa (citalopram), a prescription medication used to treat depression. Your child can probably take the missed dose when you realize it was skipped. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, your doctor may tell you to skip the missed dose entirely. Your child should not take two doses of Celexa at one time. She also should not stop taking Celexa before you talk to the doctor. Stopping the drug suddenly may cause serious side effects.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
What are the side effects of nortriptyline?
Side effects may include drowsiness, lethargy, fatigue, weakness, dry mouth, eye and vision problems...
What are the side effects of doxepin?
Side effects may include abnormal thinking or behavior, driving or doing other tasks while asleep or...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?