What should I avoid while using Emsam?

Avoid exposing the Emsam patch to direct heat. That means you should protect the patch while using any of the following:

• heating pads
  • electric blankets
  • heat lamps
  • saunas
  • hot tubs
  • heated water beds

Also, avoid exposing the Emsam patch to direct sunlight for long periods. Never cut or trim an Emsam patch. If you are using the 9 mg. or 12 mg. Emsam patch you will need to avoid foods rich in tyramine.  These foods include cheese, wine, beer, pepperoni and others.  Consult your doctor or pharmacist for information on a low tyramine diet.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
What are possible side effects of tricyclic antidepressants?
Side effects may include dry mucous membranes, blurred vision, constipation, and trouble urinating. ...
Should I keep taking antidepressants after I start feeling better?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
If you’re taking antidepressant medications, continue to do so even when you feel that the depre...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?