Can I take Parnate if I am breastfeeding?

You should not take the antidepressant Parnate (tranylcypromine) if you're breastfeeding. Your baby may absorb some of the medication from your breast milk, which could be harmful to him. If it's necessary for you to take Parnate and you're breastfeeding, you and your doctor will need to weigh the benefits to you of taking this drug against the potential harm to your nursing baby.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

what should i know before taking doxepin ?
It is not known if doxepin is safe or effective for children and teens under 18 years of age.  If y...
how does doxepin interact with other medications ?
If you have taken an MAO inhibitor in the past 2 weeks, you should not take doxepin due to possible ...
why should i see my doctor regularly if i am taking antidepressants ?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
If medication for depression is necessary, expect to have regular appointments with the physicia...
what should i know about nortriptyline before taking it ?
Nortriptyline may increase the risk of suicide in children and adolescents. If you have a seizure d...