Can I take Parnate if I am breastfeeding?

You should not take the antidepressant Parnate (tranylcypromine) if you're breastfeeding. Your baby may absorb some of the medication from your breast milk, which could be harmful to him. If it's necessary for you to take Parnate and you're breastfeeding, you and your doctor will need to weigh the benefits to you of taking this drug against the potential harm to your nursing baby.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
How does duloxetine interact with other medications?
If you are taking... A 5-HT3 receptor antagonist, metaxalone, metoclopramide, paroxetine, a selec...
What types of antidepressants are available?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are the most commonly prescribed antidepressants bec...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?