How soon after taking clomipramine will my symptoms improve?

It takes some time for clomipramine to take effect, so you won't feel any different right away. You may begin to notice a change in your symptoms after a few weeks. However, in some cases it may take longer for clomipramine to have full effect. Try to be patient and do not stop taking this drug or any prescribed medication without first talking to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
Can tricyclic antidepressants help prevent migraine headaches?
The tricyclic antidepressants amitriptyline and nortriptyline (Pamelor) are 2 of the most effective ...
How can I stop taking antidepressant medications safely?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
Antidepressant medications need to be tapered and should only be done with consultation of your doct...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?