What are the side effects of maprotiline?

Side effects of maprotiline that require immediate medical attention include: rapid and irregular heartbeat with difficulty breathing; allergic reactions, such as skin rash, hives and swelling of the face, mouth and tongue with difficulty breathing. If you have these symptoms, call 911.

Other serious side effects you should report to your doctor right away include: fever; hallucinations; blurred vision; muscle stiffness; seizures; suicidal thoughts; tenderness of the breasts and testicles; vomiting, a sore throat and difficulty urinating. 

Additional side effects that do not require immediate medical attention include:  unusual tiredness, constipation, headaches, a change in sex drive and trouble sleeping. Let your doctor know if you are experiencing these symptoms.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
What are disadvantages of antidepressants for bipolar disorder treatment?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
It cannot be stressed enough that the use of antidepressants in bipolar I can provoke manic episodes...
What should I know before taking duloxetine?
Your doctor will need to measure your blood pressure before starting treatment. If you take duloxet...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?