What are the risks of using Emsam?

Studies show that a small number of young people who use antidepressant medications such as Emsam begin to think about harming themselves or committing suicide. It's not clear that Emsam or any other antidepressant causes anyone to think about suicide. Simply having depression increases this risk.

Emsam is not approved for use for children under 12 years of age. However, if a child or young adult in your care is using Emsam or any other antidepressant, beware of changes in behavior such as extreme worry, irritability or agitation, sleep disturbances and others. Tell your doctor if you notice these behavior changes in your child or yourself if you are using Emsam.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Should I Take Antidepressants If I Smoke?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?