Will protriptyline make me dizzy or drowsy?

Protriptyline belongs to a family of antidepressant medications called tricyclic antidepressants. This group of medicines, in general, can cause you to feel either drowsy or dizzy.

The manufacturers of the brand-name version of protriptyline list drowsiness or dizziness as possible side effects, but add that these effects do not necessarily apply to protriptyline specifically. However, if you are going to have these side effects, they will often happen when you are first taking protriptyline. Until you know how you will react to protriptyline, do not drive a car, operate heavy or dangerous machinery or do other potentially dangerous jobs.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
How can I help prevent weight gain from antidepressant medication?
Brooke RandolphBrooke Randolph
If you find yourself troubled by weight gain as a side effect of antidepressant medication, ther...
How common is taking antidepressants?
Anthony CirilloAnthony Cirillo
Duke University and the University of Arizona periodically conduct a survey on friendship. In their ...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?