Can I still take phenelzine if I am pregnant?

According to a standard rating system established by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), phenelzine is given a "C" rating for its safety during pregnancy. This means that risks to the fetus cannot be ruled out. The FDA recommends that each person should talk with their doctor, look at possible risks to the baby compared to the potential benefits to them, and decide what is the best choice.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
What medications or supplements interact with amitriptyline?
If you are taking a 5-HT3 antagonist, an antipsychotic, lithium, metaxalone, methylphenidate, metocl...
What is a dual-action antidepressant?
A dual-action antidepressant, such as Effexor, is a depression medication that also treats physi...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?