Can I still take phenelzine if I am pregnant?

According to a standard rating system established by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), phenelzine is given a "C" rating for its safety during pregnancy. This means that risks to the fetus cannot be ruled out. The FDA recommends that each person should talk with their doctor, look at possible risks to the baby compared to the potential benefits to them, and decide what is the best choice.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Antidepressant

Antidepressant

Antidepressants treat depression. They raise serotonin, norepinephrine, dopamine, and brain-derived neurotrophic factor levels. Improves mood and reduces the physical symptoms of depression. Learn more about antidepressants from o...

ur experts.