Is there a generic version of desipramine?

Desipramine is generic and available as desipramine tablets. The brand-name version is Norpramin. Both products are tricyclic antidepressants and are available by prescription only.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
Why should I see my doctor regularly if I'm taking antidepressants?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
If medication for depression is necessary, expect to have regular appointments with the physicia...
What are symptoms of withdrawal from antidepressants?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
If you have been taking antidepressants for a period of six weeks or more, abruptly stopping the...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?