Is it safe to take Nardil if I'm pregnant?

Experts aren't sure if the antidepressant medication Nardil (phenelzine) is safe to take if you are pregnant. Animal studies suggest that it could harm a developing fetus, and that it could affect growth in young animals that were exposed to it during prenatal development. You and your doctor will need to weigh Nardil's potential benefits against its potential risks to your developing fetus.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
Can tricyclic antidepressants help prevent migraine headaches?
The tricyclic antidepressants amitriptyline and nortriptyline (Pamelor) are 2 of the most effective ...
How can I choose an antidepressant?
Michael D. Banov, MDMichael D. Banov, MD
The best way to decide on which antidepressant to take is by educating yourself about what options a...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?