Is it safe to use Luvox if I'm breastfeeding?

If you are breastfeeding, you may want to wean your baby before you start taking Luvox (fluvoxamine), a drug prescribed to treat obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and social anxiety disorder. Luvox can pass into breast milk and be consumed by your baby while nursing, which may harm him. Talk to your doctor for more information about Luvox and ways to feed your baby safely if you take it.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
What should I know before taking duloxetine?
Your doctor will need to measure your blood pressure before starting treatment. If you take duloxet...
Can I have a good sex life if I'm on antidepressants?
Jan L. Shifren, MDJan L. Shifren, MD
You don't need to sacrifice your sex life in order to treat depression. Some newer antidepressan...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?