Is it safe to drive if I am taking Pamelor?

When you start taking the antidepressant Pamelor (nortriptyline), you should not drive, operate machinery, or do any potentially risky activity until you know how the drug affects you. Pamelor may cause drowsiness, especially in your first few weeks on it, raising your risk for accidents.

Your doctor will probably start you on a low dose of Pamelor at first, monitoring your response to the drug closely, and if necessary, raising your dose gradually over several weeks as your body adjusts to the medication. Talk to your doctor about when it is safe for you to drive when you are taking Pamelor.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
Does the FDA place warnings on antidepressants?
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has now placed a warning on the labels of antidepressants...
How can I stop taking antidepressant medications safely?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
Antidepressant medications need to be tapered and should only be done with consultation of your doct...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?