Is it safe to drive my car if I take Luvox?

Whether it's safe to drive a car depends on how Luvox (fluvoxamine) affects you. Luvox is prescribed to treat obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) in adults and children ages 8 to 17. It is thought to work by adjusting the level of the chemical serotonin in the brain.

Luvox's side effects can include drowsiness. It can also decrease your ability to make decisions, react quickly or think clearly. Your doctor will likely start you on a low dose of Luvox and adjust your dose as needed over your first few weeks on the drug. Your doctor may also recommend you avoid driving, operating machinery or doing any potentially dangerous activity until you know how Luvox affects you.

For more information about Luvox or treating OCD, talk to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant