Is there a generic version of Savella?

No generic version of Savella (milnacipran) is available at this time. The drug, which is used to treat fibromyalgia pain, was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2009 as a "new molecular entity," and its manufacturer was granted a period of exclusivity. No other company will be able to compete with a generic version until that exclusivity period ends.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

What antidepressants are used to treat Alzheimer's disease?
John H. Growdon, MDJohn H. Growdon, MD
Here is a list of the antidepressant medications used for Alzheimer's disease and their correspo...
Why might my antidepressant not work?
Dr. Pina LoGiudice, LAc, NDDr. Pina LoGiudice, LAc, ND
As one of the most well prescribed types of drug of all time, over 160 million antidepressant pr...
How should I take antidepressants if I have bipolar disorder?
World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)
Most guidelines recommend an antidepressant only if in combination with a mood stabilizer (e.g. lith...
Does the FDA place warnings on antidepressants?
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has now placed a warning on the labels of antidepressants...