In what doses is Celexa available?

Celexa (citalopram) is a prescription antidepressant that is available as a tablet in doses of 10 milligrams (mg), 20 mg and 40 mg. Celexa is also available as a liquid in an amount of 2 milligrams per milliliter (mg/mL).

Typically, most people take Celexa once a day. Your doctor may start you on a low dose of Celexa and monitor your response carefully. If necessary, your doctor may increase your dose gradually over several weeks until you reach the amount that is most effective for you while not causing too many side effects. You should take Celexa exactly as directed by your doctor. Do not take more or less, or take it more or less frequently, than recommended.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
What should I know about antidepressants before I take them?
Dr. Darria Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Gillespie, MD
If you take an SRI, you should avoid alcohol. If you have had seizures, an SRI may not be a good op...
Do tricyclic antidepressants interact with any other medications?
If you are taking any of the following medications, tricyclic antidepressants can lead to side effec...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?