If I am pregnant, is it safe to use Luvox?

If you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant soon, talk to your doctor before taking Luvox (fluvoxamine), a drug that is prescribed to treat obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and social anxiety disorder. Luvox may harm your developing fetus, particularly if taken during the last trimester of pregnancy. Newborns of women who take Luvox in the third trimester may need prolonged hospitalization, tubal feeding and assistance to breathe.

You and your doctor may need to weigh your potential benefits from taking Luvox against the potential risks to your developing fetus. Your doctor may want to taper your dose, at least in the last trimester of your pregnancy.

If you become pregnant while taking Luvox, call your doctor.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

how does doxepin interact with other medications ?
If you have taken an MAO inhibitor in the past 2 weeks, you should not take doxepin due to possible ...
how do antidepressant medications affect weight ?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
This depends mostly on what medication is being used, but it also varies a great deal from one perso...
what should i know before taking duloxetine ?
Your doctor will need to measure your blood pressure before starting treatment. If you take duloxet...
why should i see my doctor regularly if i am taking antidepressants ?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
If medication for depression is necessary, expect to have regular appointments with the physicia...